Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Graced!!

I'm still working on the square doily.  But, for now, I'm working on a bookmark for a young girl who has a birthday coming up.
So, what better than to tat the bookmark in HDT in her favorite colors.... purple and aqua!
Her middle name is Grace, so this MJ! will be named Graced!

What do you think??



Susie said that Frivole's Flowering Quatrain Bookmark looks gorgeous in the Messy Jess!-ys... so I just had to try it out for myself.  I'm not done with this one yet which why I'm only letting you see part of it. :o)


Spring Break is next week so I'm hoping to get even more dyeing done then!  Until then, I still have one midterm to prepare for!

<3<3<3

17 comments:

  1. Oh, I bet that will look really precious in those colors!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purple and aqua look great together, and I love the name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your thread is a beautiful color combination! And the bookmark looks great too - the beads add so much to the color scheme and total look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was unsure about the beads at first because they are kind of a mauvey color, but I really think the thread makes them appear more purple. Which of course is good. :o)

      Delete
  4. I love those colors! Beautiful in every way. Since I'm still more of a cross stitcher than a tatter I see those colors all stitched up in a fun quaker or floral monochrome design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh pretty thread :-). The bookmark looks like it will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that colour combination. It's one I used to use when dyeing knitting yarns. That bookmark is on my to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks awesome! I just finished weaving ends of the same pattern from Grackle Mess...but I didn't use beads! Glad you like the way it is turning out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it.....I love love love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colors and will come back to see the bookmark !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! How is your square doily coming along? I'm getting really annoyed with the row I am on.

      Delete
  10. I just got my threads and wanted to let you know how absolutely thrill I am. I can't wait to tat with them! I have to finish a few other things first but I'm hoping there will be time this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I love hearing that threads arrive safely. :o) I hope you have fun with them!

      Delete
  11. Thanks everyone!! I really like this one. I really thought that this combo would be more popular, but maybe it has been overdone since they aren't moving... at all. Interesting, right?

    ReplyDelete