Friday, February 1, 2013

Doesn't this look Mauvelous?

WARNING!  This thread has just been dyed, and is still wet.  So, once it sits and gets washed, it will look a little bit different... but not too much different... so I don't feel bad getting everyone a little excited about this batch.

This was a complicated batch.  I wanted a "Mauve-y pink" colorway, but I don't own any mauve.  So, every dye used in this batch had to mix up especially for this.
What does that mean? 
This is probably the only batch that will be done of this particular colorway.  I wrote down everything that I did, while I was doing it, but I ended up having to dilute the dyes several times and only used tiny amounts of dyes.  I just really don't think I could bear to put myself through that again.

So, please!  Get one while you can!  I really do think this is going to be a gorgeous colorway. :o)
It will probably be listed sometime tomorrow.
I've also done some Messy Jess!ys that I just haven't listed.  I may list them as well.

In fact, I recently got myself this rolling cart with a bunch of trays in it.   It's supposed to just hold inventory but of course, it's holding all my tatting/ craft supplies.  I have one tray just about half full of Messy's that just haven't been listed for one reason or the other. Mostly, the reason is I've been lazy or otherwise too busy to properly photograph them.





I tatted up another one of my more glorified Starflower... 
 This one is in Periwinkle and Seagreen Light size 40 Lizbeth








SHIPPING WOES:
I don't know if you have noticed, but USPS has significantly increased the price of international shipping.  I apologize that my international shipping rates have been increased due to this change.  It is rather unfortunate.


13 comments:

  1. Oh Jess this looks sooo great...I am looking forward to the result...shipping rates increased ;-(( ohh ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've actually already washed them and they hanging to dry. They are looking wonderful.

      And yea, it really stinks about the shipping. It looks like USPS is just charging a flat rate for first class international items, so that for my packages, the shipping cost ended up doubling. It's really sad. But, since that's the case, I have set the shipping rate in the shop so that each additional item doesn't add any to the shipping. Where as before, each additional item would add 10 or 15 cents. (Excluding unwinding, but that extra "shipping" is a handling charge)

      Delete
  2. Thread looks delicious! I like your souped up star flower. Shame about postage! You couldn't send it in a different form or something - if I send something in a box, it costs a whole lot more than if I send it in an envelope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could keep the width under 1/4 inch, then I think I could do an evelope and send it for much cheaper. But, with size 20 that's not always possible.
      Even then, letter and large envelope are supposed to be document only. So, it seems you would run the risk of the package being confiscated. I don't know though.

      Delete
  3. Love the new color! So pretty.
    Yeah, that shipping increase really sucked. I felt so bad adjusting the shipping costs in my shop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty color way! I love your starflower, t's quite beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. More beautiful thread! There aren't enough tatting hours in the day to use what I have, but I want more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bet that thread will make some gorgeous tatted projects!!! :)
    Great starflower!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have had to up our shipping at work too.
    no fun.
    pretty thread.
    good luck with your studies

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited about new thread being listed. I have asked for thread for my birthday!! LOL. Your starflower is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can understand not wanting to repeat a process that was frustrating -- but, ouuuu, that is pretty thread. If prices have gone up too much, you could just bring some when you visit the hillier part of the state. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to come visit with you some time! But, I don't see myself traveling anywhere anytime soon. At least not until June. :o)

      Delete
  10. Jess that looks a beautiful colour, you have the knack of getting beautiful colours.
    Sorry I have not been on your blog much although I did try and keep an eye on the tatting blogs, not so easy when you are away, which helped to keep my mind off the sad time. USPS need to get a bit quicker before they put the rates up, still looking forward to receiving your thread, I have a story about posting to the US which I will put on my blog next I post believe me you won't believe it but its true.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete