Sunday, August 12, 2012

Havana Doily Update 2

If yesterday you saw that I was adding Key Lime Raspberry Parfait to my Havana Doily and thought: "Ehh, what?"  Don't worry, the colors are going to look wonderful together!

See? 

Again, if you don't remember, this design is Mary Maynard's from Tatting a 4 Square Ring.  I recommend the book, if you are wondering.  It's an interesting read and has some really beautiful pieces. :o)

I'm referring to as my "Havana" doily because that's the colorway that's in the center.  I know that most of you know that already, but there may be someone out there wondering. :o)

I am really loving how this piece is turning out. 

I started the sixth  row about 8 hours ago, and have been working on it on and off this evening.  So, I am feeling a little better about my August 25 deadline for the fair. :o)

7 comments:

  1. Lovely pattern and lovely colours, hope you make the deadline
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those colors work so well together! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very unusual and eye-catching, Jess! Nice.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks good. I like how the negative space shows the radiating arms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone for your comments. They are very encouraging. :o)

    ReplyDelete