Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Golden Heart and a MOB Suncatcher

When I read on Tat-ology that Fox was putting her pattern on Etsy... I just had to make a purchase. :o)
So, here is "Heart for Misha" by Fox
Size 40 Lizbeth Gold for the chain and a special thread that only Fox and I own. 
I used a shell doughnut bead for the middle. 

Earlier this evening I was admiring some of Sue's suncatchers.  

It gave me an idea.  So, I grabbed some tulle that I had bought at Christmas and sewed a few layers around a bangle bracelet. Then I tried to sew a button in the center.  As you can... I was off bit a smidge.
So, there you have it: a MOB Suncatcher! Because the tulle is sheer, the sun will still be able to shine through. :o)

5 comments:

  1. Lovely heart, it's a great pattern from Fox

    Great idea with the sun catcher.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice heart and neat suncatcher!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh - that is an interesting rendition of the heart! And I do like 'our' thread a lot!

    Thanks, Jess, for giving it a whirl!
    Fox : ))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone!

    Fox, I'm glad you like the heart and thread. I think my middle was a tad large, but it worked out :o)
    It was a very fun heart to tat :o)

    ReplyDelete