Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Well, I lied.

Yesterday (or was it the day before?) But anywho... I said I was working on a snowflake... but then as I was whiping around the 5th corner, I realized that I was running out of thread, so I made a star.  This works out because Livi wanted a star anyway. :o) I don't think she really understands the concept of a snowflake.  (We do live in the south, and she's only seen snow once or twice).
Lene Bjorn's 9th day of December (but with as a star instead of a snowflake) from 24 Snowflakes in Tatting


I really like how the star turned out.  I really like holding it up to the light and looking at the silhouette of it, but I'll have to figure how to capture that before I can post it :o)

Moving forward:
So, I loved the Ninth of December so much, that I just had to try another snowflake.  However I am in the last lap (as they say) of the semester, so I don't get to tat everything I like as it takes away from crucial studying time, but I did start the Third of December: I'm going to do the outside row in Lizbeth 684 (Leaf Green I think... not the light, I guess it's medium) But this part is in Lizbeth size 20 Victorian Red:




And I tatted this actually a few weeks ago, but never got around to posting it.  Prob because it took me working on it off and on for a few weeks and then I lost the piece and the two shuttles I was working on it with for like a week. But anyway, it's the MK Glass mat.  Lizbeth size 80 Pink Cocoa.  As you may notice, I didn't go by the pattern verbatim and I actually did not forget to attach the last middle ring, I actually was just not paying attention and attached originally to the wrong ring and just cut it.  I may go back and sew this together.  Also, this is scanned on index cards because I felt bad that I hadn't hid the ends on this piece even though it's been done now for so long.  So, I just draped the loose ends between two index cards and scanned.  Pretty sneaky huh?  ;o)





2 comments:

  1. The star is adorable! Isn't it funny how "mistakes" just seem to work sometimes? The Third of December is my favorite from that book. I lost track of how many I've made. I like the 3D center!

    I love the color you chose for the Spinning Wheel (my all-time favorite pattern)! It's a great pattern for hand-dyed thread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the spinning wheel too, it's so pretty. My Mother-in-love wants one for Christmas. But she wants one for the kitchen table and wants to be kind of big. I've shortened this one, have you ever extended it to the make the whole thing bigger?
    And I may end up the same way (as you) with the 3rd of Dec. I like it. As I was making the middle, I just kept looking at it in amazement lol. But then I did the same the 9th too. I guess some patterns are just like that.

    ReplyDelete