Thursday, November 3, 2011

Decorated Shuttles....

So, I took a stab at decorating a couple of my shuttles.  Which turned out to be a good project when I was studying since there's so much waiting between coats.
What do you think?
The one with Cameron Diaz's eye (from a magazine) is a Sewmate
The clover I started with a metallic sapphire on which I topped with  a sheet of pink tissue.  Then covered it with the fingernail polish that I got Livi and myself that just a purple and blue glitter and is called "frenzy"
On the bottom side, I took covered it with part of a mascara add from another magazine. (And topped with Frenzy)
I like them, but the pictures don't do them justice.  They are very shiny and also, there is isn't that odd yellow spot on the mascara ad one.  I think that's just from the scanner not liking to be propped open... it'll just have to get over it though.

Also, I want to add something to the eye one... But, I don't want to overdo it.... Any suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. Isn't decorating shuttles fun? I would add sparkly blue gems to the eye shuttle... beauty spots, you know. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I saw your comment on lace-loving librarian. I just wanted to say that I think your decorated shuttles are very cool. I never would have thought to do this before seeing them on your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, thanks! It was a lot of fun to do!

    ReplyDelete