Wednesday, September 28, 2011

"Yes U Can doily"

Thank you Lace-lovin' Librarian-Diane for directing my attention to this challenge with your post about it. I'm excited about the challenge. To help others that are going to attempt it, but are having trouble seeing the stitch counts, I have broken out my usb microscope and took a couple of close up pictures (using a print out) of some of the "repeating units".  I hope this helps, because I was hurting my eyes trying to look at them.  However, my little microscope does have its limits though, so they aren't the best "quality"



Here is a close up of one of the 12 rings from the center of the doily



Here is a closeup of part of the flower medallions that repeat  in what I would assume is a row

Here's the botton portion of the outside row's repeating units

And this part of the outside portion of that  the above picture.


Here is a closeup of the rings that  connect the outside row to the flower medallions

And here is a closeup of the connection between  the outside pieces.

If you would like to see a close up of any other portion, try to explain where it's located, or take a picture of the portion circled and I'll try to get a good picture of it as well :o)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I can see that my stitch count is incorrect for the center, but I'm going to leave it as it is, because it lies flat. : )

    I really appreciate the magnification... my eyes are feeling kind of old these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I agree, if it lays flat, I don't think I would change it either :o)

    ReplyDelete